When it comes to designing your home, there are very few restrictions as to what you can do with your own space. The only limit is your imagination and you can customise the final layout and design of your home to fit your own tastes and preferences. One of the ways you can create a unique space for entertaining your guests at home is by building a home bar. In this post, we take a closer look at the benefits of a home bar and some things to take into consideration when designing one.
Benefits of a Home Bar
While having your very own personal bar at home might seem like something only for the rich and famous, it is actually something that everyone is able to do and it can come with numerous benefits. For starters, having a home bar gives you a convenient location to entertain your guests. Having a designated space for your guests to enjoy drinks and cocktails can be impressive and can enhance the overall ambience of your living space.
Selecting a Suitable Location
One of the things to consider when building a home bar is the location. Given that the fundamentals of a home bar are fairly basic, the amount of space you will require ultimately depends on how comprehensive and how big you want your home bar to be. For a cosier ambience, consider locating your home bar in a basement or a nice quiet corner in your home. For something more eye-catching, you can consider building a home bar as the centrepiece of your living room.
Home Bar Styles and Themes
Depending on your personal preferences, there are also many different styles and themes that you can choose from for your home bar. Some popular options include:
- Classic and timeless bars
- Modern and minimalist bars
- Tiki bars
- Speakeasy-style bars
Essential Components for Every Home Bar
While home bars offer a significant degree of customisability, there are some essential components that you should definitely consider including in your home bar. These include:
- Bar Counter or Cabinet: Having a flat surface for you to work on and to serve your guests is what distinguishes a home bar from just another space in your home.
- Bar Seats or Stools: You’ll also want to have a place for your guests to sit and enjoy their drinks.
- Shelving: Having adequate shelving for your glassware and bottles can contribute to the overall feel and aesthetic of your home bar.
- Drink Making Tools: Depending on the style of bar you want to have, you will also need to have the appropriate drink making tools which may include cocktail shakers, stirrers and glassware.
Design Your Dream Home with House Design Solutions
Bring your home bar to life with House Design Solutions, a leading provider of house design services in Melbourne and the surrounding areas. Our team of experts has decades of experience in helping homeowners renovate, build and rebuild their properties to bring their dream homes to life. Contact us today for a free consultation!